When I heard that one of my all time favourite hair stylists was starting her own line of hair products, I immediately started stalking social media for updates on the where and when. Kristin Ess’s Hair line is an absolute dream and I’m honestly not sure what I’ve been using prior.
I first fell in love with Kristin’s work at The Beauty Department. This blog is my go-to for all beauty questions, latest items, trends and tutorials. From there I started following Kristin on Instagram @kristin_ess and that’s basically how I came to love her work. She’s a celebrity hair stylist for clients such as Lucy Hale (one of my favourite style icons!), Jenna Dewan Tatum and Lauren Conrad. She has been working in hair for 22 years and her talent and skill really shines through. You can always find trend starting haircuts, colors, tutorials, and tons of hair inspiration photos on IG.
Her signature glossy and effortless style is something I have always worked to recreate on my own. Nothing is too over done or stiff and I love to wear my hair down, especially in summer, with loose/messy waves because it creates such an effortless look! But it’s always been such a process to create such a look and feel for my hair. Florida is humid 8 months out of year as well so I combat frizz on the daily.
Kristin Ess Hair is extremely affordable. No $80+ products here and on top of the excellent prices they all more than deliver on quality! Everything I’ve used has been exceptional and lasted a few months as opposed to a few weeks.
Here are my top 5 essential hair products for keeping my hair healthy during summer:
1. Dry Finish Working Texture Spray $14 – Essential to give your hair natural body and hold any style
2. Working Texture Loose Styling Powder $10 -This is perfect for fattening up your braids!
3. Strand Strengthing Reconstructive Moisture Mask $14 – This is great when you go for a while between cuts and isn’t too heavy on my hair.
4. The One Signature Shampoo and Conditioner $10 each – This is the first time I’ve not felt like I need to wash my hair every single day. This set is light, washes out well and doesn’t leave any residue. My hair air dries with volume as well, which is always a plus!
5. Instant Lift Volumizing Mousse $14 – Perfect for the days or nights I need more to my look. A little goes a long way with this mousse as well.
These are the products I can no longer live without! She has many great lines and more in store for us beauty warriors. What is your go-to brand or product for the summer? Tell me in the comments below!